On weekends we love to share a tasty hot breakfast all together. Pancakes are always a favorite and these never disappoint! They are the perfect combination of savory from the meat and cheese and a hint of sweetness with the addition of sugar free syrup to top the pancakes. Ever add blueberries or chocolate chips to pancakes? Those are good additions, but they are not the same as this recipe – give it a try!
Sausage and Cheese Pancakes are Keto friendly and would be a Trim Healthy Mama S meal. This recipe feeds four adults or two adults and three kids like in my crew. I use Baking Blend in this recipe which can be found on the Trim Health Mama website* or you can google a copycat version. I recommend using sea salt (instead of mineral salt, for example) and sharp cheddar cheese (instead of other cheeses) because they help the savory tastes standout from the pancake batter. Greek yogurt is always my preference to regular yogurt because it has less sugar and more protein. We want protein in our breakfasts because it helps anchor our meal.
Speaking of protein, sausage is the namesake in these pancakes, however, I am extremely blessed to have access to CIBO protein bars and I love how the seasoning in the bar shines through in this recipe. Maybe you will have a chance to try this recipe with a Complete protein bar when they become available outside of Nebraska, but for now I would recommend using breakfast sausage, seasoned to your preference for delicious Sausage and Cheese Pancakes.
Sausage and Cheese Pancakes
Author: Chelsea Luthy
Serves: 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 kids)
THM:S, Keto, and sugar free
1 cup baking blend (I use Trim Healthy Mama baking blend), do not pack it down just level off the top
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 egg (I use 1 jumbo egg)
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup cream
2 T coconut oil, melted
1/8 cup water (room temperature so the coconut oil does not solidify)
1/2 cup cooked ground breakfast sausage (I use CIBO protein bar), seasoned and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
Coconut oil cooking spray (I use Pam)
- Measure out the baking blend, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients until evenly distributed.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk one egg until fluffy. Add the Greek yogurt, cream, coconut oil, and water, whisking them together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and give them a stir.
- Next, add the meat and cheese and combine being careful not to over mix.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan then spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour, dip, or spread pancake batter onto the griddle or in the pan to cook. Flip the pancakes to the other side when you see little bubbles start to form and the underside is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! Try a bite of pancake with and without the sugar-free syrup of your choice and share with me which way you prefer. I love mine with the syrup!
I hope you love this recipe like I do and want to share it.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure for Joyful Life with KJ - KJ York is a Trim Healthy Mama that I follow because she brings me joy while displaying her best practices for health. I do not personally have any affiliate links, but instead would like to support someone that I believe is living her best health journey in an inspiring way.